Blizzard announced changes to Torghast today on the Shadowlands Beta. The update includes the exciting news that Torghast is now unlocked on an account wide basis. You’ll be able to jump into Torghast as soon as possible on other characters.
There are also changes to how players re-spec and swap gear within Torghast. You’ll now only be able to swap gear, talents, and Soulbinds in the Central Chamber, by Brokers, or on non-Boss Floors of Torghast. Previously you could swap gear, talents, and Soulbinds at the start of every floor.
There are also updates to the currency system of Torghast. The legendary material you acquire in Torghast is now called Soul Ash. You’ll be able to get Soul Ash from the chests at the end of each layer once per week. Completing a higher level layer will still grant all uncollected rewards from lower layers as well, so you won’t miss out on rewards by only running higher layers.
Beta Update July 29
- Access to Torghast is now unlocked on an account-wide basis.
- When in a party, your highest accessible layer will be defined by the party member with the lowest layer unlocked.
- Anima Cells have updated to look more visible.
- The door which allows you to exit Torghast has been updated to be less prone to accidental clicking at the start of each floor.
Respeccing & Gear Swapping
- Players will no longer be able to change their gear, Talents, or Soulbinds at the start of every floor.
- Players can now change their Gear, Talents, or Soulbinds in the Central Chamber, at the start of the first floor, and in the vicinity of helpful Brokers on non-Boss floors in Torghast.
- The Torghast-acquired legendary material is now named Soul Ash, and can be acquired from chests at the end of each layer once per week.
- Completing a higher layer rewards all uncollected rewards from lower layers.
- Drop amounts are not final.
- Phantasma and Soul Ash have snazzy new icons.